Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Finally...

*Blows the dust off my tagboard*
*Clears the cobwebs from my window*
*Sweep away the dirt under my archive*


Fuyoh, it's been more than a month since I updated this thing. Like 40 days... It was just one event after the other. Didn't had much time to update and when I do, didn't have the energy to. And I know it'll be kinda useless to write on 'benda yang dah basi'. Nonetheless, here goes. A very outdated entry on the FOC!

7-10 July: Refuge Zero Aid
I have alot to talk about this camp. Haha, you can either reminisce or roll your eyes as I try to put my memories into words.

It started with me being dead-set on becoming a faci. I've had my fair share of organising activities (6 to be precise) before this and I just thought for once, I wanna be part of something great without having to stress out organising it.
Many of my friends were already in the comm. Haha, I end up helping them. And turns out, I can appreciate the plot and explain things well. And so, they wanted me to be host. At that point, I told myself, "Say No, Na'im. Don't fall again. Don't be obliged. Say No."

I was able to resist for a while. But then, they really needed someone outside of the comm who knows the plot. I figured if I were to be a host, I couldn't recruit people much into silat. Being faci, you get to know the freshies better on a personal basis. A host would be abit detached from the group. But in the end, I decided on being a 'facilitating host'. Haha, a host that still goes to the ground.

One thing led to another and I was under the Programmes team with Hasanul and Khairiana. Let's just say it's a series of fortunate events that led me to eventually have a great time as the Host for Refuge Zero Aid. Alhamdulillah. Didn't think I could do it. Cos I lose my words easily when talking to a crowd. And cos my jokes are really crappy. But Alhamdulillah, I think I have proved to myself that I could do it.

Belum bual pasal the camp and it's already like 3 paragraphs long. Haha, many apologies.

The freshies were great! They were one obedient bunch of people. They were almost not Malay, haha cos there wasn't 'janji Melayu'. They kept to the time that we set for them, even coming down early to solat jemaah for Subuh. There were many funny and enthusiastic freshies around. Everyone was friendly. Can even see some leaders among them. And from their smiles and laughter, I think they really enjoyed themselves. Aizat buat Superman with his "Chiku-Cha, Chiku-Cha, Chiku-Cha-ChaCha" and they followed with glee. They played their games enthusiastically. Blow Wind Blow pun boleh jadi macam wrestling: tergolek sana sini. And I was most happy that they were into the plot. They were discussing suspects and the clues with intent. I was really happy that they really wanted to find who the dictator is, to the point of scrutinising every detail from clues like the newspaper articles. I planned the clues and the final profiles, and I was afraid that the participants wouldn't care about this whole "find clues, suspects and dictator" thing. So thanks alot you guys!

Made many new friends. Really thankful that everyone were welcoming. Made a photo montage to show how grateful me and the comm were to have you all for Refuge Zero Aid. Editing and captions by brother NorHafiz.





All in all, the camp was a great success. And of course, it wouldn't be a great success if it wasn't for the organising comm.
Aizat and Fahmi: The 2 PDs and Camp Commandants. Without the guidance, supervision, quick-thinking and leadership, we wouldn't go anywhere. Great job in keeping the comm and the camp together despite the many setbacks. Gua caya sama lu. Respect brader.
Hakim, Logistics Team and Helpers: I really salute each and everyone of you. The strong men and women behind the scenes. The people who sacrificed alot for the camp. They couldn't join the fun much but still gave their all to make the camp a success. Everything was carried out smoothly. Really appreciate all your hard work. *Gives a 21-gun salute, a standing ovation and fireworks*
Khairiana and Hasanul: Superb job on the Programmes. The freshies really appreciated the Campus Tour, talks and not-to-forget: the Southern Ridges Trail. Some parts of the initial plan had to be changed but everything went on smoothly. *Throws confetti* Congratulations for a smashing success!
Zuraimi, Izyana, Syafiqah, Fatimah, Ily, Khairunisa, Fairus: The publicity and marketing team. You guys rock! Without you, tak akan ada orang untuk camp pun. And we wouldn't have much to spend either. Despite the demanding tasks, you guys pulled off a fantastic job. *Gives points to everyone. Points may be used for CORS*
Zakiah and Tetiey: The two spirited rah-rah gals. Without you, I think the camp will be dead. I can only emulate what you guys have shown. I really admire how you guys can engage the freshies and lift their spirits. Kudos on the night games and Vivohunt. *Gives 3 Macho Claps and Power Clap*
The facis: Take my hat off for every single one of you. Thanks alot for keeping the spirits of the freshies up. Thanks alot for engaging the freshies in each activity. Thanks for taking care of their well-being. Thanks for taking initiative and all the help. Can't even begin on how grateful we are for all of you. *Salute and buys drink for everyone* (on Facebook)

Many thanks once again. Many apologies for any shortcomings on my part. Sorry if anything I said, did or didn't do were to hurt you all in any way. For the comm, I really enjoyed myself working with all of you. You guys are the best! For the freshies, I really enjoyed myself being your host and getting to know all of you. Hope to see everyone again.

Interesting quote for the day:
" No one is rich enough to be without friends. Make new friends but keep the old. New are silver, old are gold" - Author unknown

No comments: