Thursday, August 14, 2008

Beginning of School

And so begins another semester of school. Haha, but to me, it feels like school started last week. Didn't have much of a holiday but nvm.

Lemme start with the longest day in my timetable:
- 7-hour lab sessions every Tuesday, 10am to 5pm
- 6pm to 8pm lecture every Tuesday and Friday
- Silat training 6:30pm to 9pm

Haha, a dilemma. I don't wanna miss out on training. What's worse, if the Team Manager doesn't come down for training kan macam rabak... Just looks bad. Farah is facing the same problem. So I think we take turns sitting in for the lecture while the other goes for training. So macam kalau Farah ada, Na'im tak ada. Na'im ada, Farah tak ada.

Workload looks grim. Taking PS2249: Govt and Politics of Singapore. The lecturer is very funny. I hope to enjoy the mod... but it looks tough. Politics hasn't never been my cup of tea. So I'm hoping this module will open my eyes. My spuspu taking also so, I'll be asking him alot. Haha.
Don't get me started on my core mods. But I think I will do better this time around. Since I won't be involved in so many activities. Only Silat =)

Speaking of which, we had our welcome tea last night. Many new faces turned up and I'm glad. I hope they will stay and join the Silat family. I hope we did a good job in inspiring them to stay.

Here's the video of what NUS Silat is all about:





And with school, I get to meet my friends again. Will miss the ones that have graduated. Will make new friends. Looking forward to meeting at forum then going to eat at wherever. I will focus more this time, so hanging out will be reduced. At least I hope so.

It's a new beginning. Thus far, it has been tiring. I'm working on campus for two weeks. Hehe. And right now, I'm enjoying it. Must not let the slow-paced illusion trap me again. Things will pick up fast as time goes by, just like any other semester. ALL THE BEST to all!

Interesting quote for the day:
"Only through focus can you do world-class things, no matter how capable you are" - Bill Gates

No comments: