Sunday, June 1, 2008

Bond of Brotherhood

5 days to IVP. It's "Inter-Varsity-Polytechnics" as corrected by Fadhli.

Had a secret training with Ramli today. Hehe. We trained at NUS MPSH2. It was open on a Sunday... Didn't think it will but Alhamdulillah. Didn't have the key so we couldn't train with the training pads or protective vests. Initially, we wanted it to be an intensive training session but due to the restraints, it couldn't be as intensive as we wanted. In the end, we went through what we would do in the fight, shared some techniques and practised some combos. I learnt a new technique and I hope to be able to execute it during the competition.

Then, we had a pseudo-match. 3 rounds of 3-4 minutes. Couldn't be in full force as we weren't adequately protected and even if we were protected, we don't want any injuries. Ramli was very encouraging and pointed out my mistakes and how to correct them. Alhamdulillah, he said I made a tremendous improvement since NTU friendly. Haha, the improvement was that I could SEE since I now have contacts. I was worried that it wouldn't make a difference but his words and our training showed that there was. Alhamdulillah. And I hope that I will perform just as well if not better during the competition.

We talked alot. From our memories to our hopes. From Naruto to NS. I'm hoping to do ganda next sem and I was just joking that if me and him do ganda, it will make a good team. It can be like NUS-NTU combined gitu. Haha, of course it can't be done. Sadly, as he says, "We will always be rivals". And yet, there we were, training together and having fun.

It makes me realise how thankful I am to have met him. He is the best friend I can ever have. Alhamdulillah. I'm thankful for the first day in my secondary school when I turned around to him sitting two seats behind me. We were best friends ever since. But it always feels like I have another brother in my life. Although we were separated in NS and university and I don't get to see him often, there is this strong connection that we have that I really hope won't perish. Last time, we would be playing wrestling in the school hall. Now, we are sparring together to improve ourselves. So thank you so much, Ramli. For being there, again and always. Relighting my hope. And sorry for the bruises. Hehe.

Interesting quote for the day:
The whole song of "Shoulder to Cry On" by Tommy Page.
It's our song.

No comments: