Saturday, May 31, 2008

As the day draws near

A week to IVP! I think IVP means Inter-Varsity Playoffs.

Silat IVP will be held at Republic Polytechnic on 6,7,8,14,15 June. I'm not sure if outside people can come down to support. Hehe, if people come and I don't do well, it'll be abit embarassing. But I don't mind the support!

Or... make a trip to Taman Warisan and witness a battle of a different kind. A battle of wit, creativity and words... Pesta Pantun! The competition begins on the 7th and 8th June.

So, how do you feel when IVP is so near?
Well, I am confident I'll do better than NTU friendly. Yet, I think the fear may overcome me in the ring. Come on, Na'im! Be confident and half the battle is won! I just hope and pray that I won't lose in the first round. I'm aiming for a medal!

Any problems you foresee?
The people in my weight class are fast and agile.... REALLY fast and agile. I hope to have the speed also. All the techniques I learnt, I will try my best to apply them. And I pray my stamina lasts the whole match.

To the team:
We have trained hard. I know we could have trained harder but sometimes things just don't go as planned. So right now, let's just maximise what we have done. I believe we can achieve greatness. Just need the confidence. Whatever they say, ignore and turn it into something to drive you. Achieve and throw the words back at them. Haha, sometimes I just like to prove people wrong. Alrite! Let's do it for the team!
*huddle* PESILAT.... NUS!

And don't forget to do'a. It works. Cos, how can you expect something to be given to you if you don't ask for it? We can win! Amin!

Interesting quote for the day:
"Back off, I'll take you on!
Headstrong, to take on anyone!
I know that you are wrong,
Headstrong, we're headstrong!"
- lyrics from "Headstrong" by Trapt
Hehe, the song kinda drives my fighting spirit.

No comments: