Monday, March 17, 2008

When anger leaks out

On another note, I met someone intersting yesterday at the Mega Carnival. I was sitting at the coupon booth when I saw a bunch of guys and girls coming in. One of the guys looked familiar... Where have I seen him before... Think...

Oh... No... Could it be?

Hudy approached the girls. Apparently they are her friends. Then I asked Hudy if they were from NTU. Yes they were. Could it be? Just need to know his name...

And coincidentally the guy was returning unsold coupons that we gave NTU for pre-sale. Zah called me to handle them cos she was unsure. The perfect opportunity...

Me: Oh, so where are you guys from?
Him: NTU
Me: Thank you for your support. You are?

Upon hearing his name... that settled it. It was him. At that moment, I was so tempted to say:

"Hi, I'm the guy you stole my girlfriend from."

But of course, I didn't. Instead, I asked for the name of the friend beside him. And I asked them to enjoy themselves and thank them for supporting us again.

Awakened inside was anger. It wasn't a strong one. Just a bitter one. It's not that I have not gotten over it. It's just that seeing him in person for the first time. I guess it's natural. I know that I will somehow get angry if I see him. But since I've gotten over it, I guess the anger has been watered down. So to prevent myself from potentially blowing up, I went to solat. Alhamdulillah.

I wonder how it would turn out if I did say that line...

Interesting quote for the day:
"The strength of a man is measured by how he can control his anger." - adapted meaning from a Hadith.
Am I strong enough? I still have to work on it.

No comments: