Monday, March 24, 2008

Mega Carnival 08

Yes, it is a very outdated entry. I've been very busy this week with reports, assignments and what-nots. So here it is...

Well, there were many problems that we had to face but Alhamdulillah we can manage them. The start was a bit diisappointing. It was a Friday after all and yes there were more people that came during the weekend. I'm one of the publicity officers for the event. On the actual day, I was tasked with manning the coupon booth and was somewhat the unofficial photographer for the event. I am considering investing in a SLR camera. All my pics are from Saturday and Sunday.

The dedicated and hardworking people manning the second coupon booth.
Faqeehah and Faiz (Fairuz's bro)

The best friend in the comm, Nadia, the other publicity officerThe rah-rah girls that were tasked with 'courting' people into the eventThe people manning the front coupon booth



It was Irah's birthday on the Saturday and we got Didicazli to sing for her

Atrika Dance company

Our very own, Ilsa Tari

Camhoring while we were bored. Notice the 1-2-3 fingers

My favourite funny pic: Attack of the Cross-eyed Ninjas

Some pictures on Sunday:

J.Da. The one on the extreme left is Ashri, my old schoolmate. Here, the PD and APD: Adriyanni and Nadirah present a token of appreciation to them

Sleeq, the hip-hop duo that young girls adore

The band, Merah!


Mr Abdullah Tarmugi graced the occasion and launched Akudeta, the online newsletterMe and Mr Zubir Abdullah. A very kind, polite and talented man.

Me and the Akudeta peopleZuraimi made an impromptu performance!Omar and Amalina,
the two emcees that lighten up the atmosphere of our event

For more pictures:
http://s205.photobucket.com/albums/bb159/shadow6_photos/Mega%20Carnival%2008/

Well, I really had fun in the event. Everyone is a joy to work with. Each of us has our own unique character that adds up to become the Committee for Mega Carnival. My character of course, is the lame crappy guy that cracks jokes most of the time. I really learnt alot from this experience and there are some things I wish I could improve on. Alas, let's just look ahead and work from there. You and me did well in my opinion. No creation of the invisible bubble. Alhamdulillah.
Interesting quote for the day:
"Life is a drawing without an eraser" - quoted from a vandalism.
I've always said that the best thing about life is that there is no 'rewind' button. Whatever we have done, we cannot undo it. There maybe errors or ugly patches on our drawing but we just have to deal with it. The best that we can do is to cover it up or just continue on drawing. Who knows, the once-ugly part can be a beautiful, defining part of our life... Hopefully, our drawings will be beautiful enough to be presented to the Almighty when we are done with them. Amin.
And I hope that my drawing has you engraved in it. Amin.

No comments: