Sunday, January 27, 2008

One week till I have a sister-in-law

One more week. So fast... Alhamdulillah, everything is prepared. Just left with minor details like making the bunga mangga. And I have learnt Silat Pengantin! Many thanks to Fadzli (Chong) for teaching me. He's really a nice guy. I'm really learn alot from him. Shall call him my shifu or sensei.
Prepare for my public debut! Actually not a debut cos I've performed in public before during the PPIS performance last month. Hehe.
Here's some pics of the silat team at Mr. Prata. So fun eating with all of them:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=26974&l=291cc&id=583720078

Novak Djokovic won the Australian Open! I'm so happy! The match was superb! Jo-Wilfried Tsonga was good also. Unseeded and crowd favourite to win. I agree with the speech at the end, "Tonight, we have a champion and a champion-in-waiting." Tsonga will have to wait this time cos Djokovic came out top. Haha, 20-year-old and already a multi-millionaire doing something he loves. But here I am, a 21-year-old stressing over my life in uni. InsyaAllah I'll be successful too. Amin.

Actually I'm kinda stressed out by all the things that I've committed myself to. Feel I can't commit to the many committees. Feel like I've committed a crime to myself. Okay, I shan't pun 'commit' and 'suicide'. This will really teach me to say 'no' when I can. I will learn not to feel obliged to help everyone that comes to ask for aid. I shall learn to be more selfish. Ironic, I know. For now, I hope everyone will bear with me in my struggle to perform the best I can for everything. May Allah give me strength and patience. Amin.

Interesting quote for the day:
"It's an uphill slope
But I won't lose hope

Till I go the distance
And my journey is complete"
lyrics from "Go the Distance" by Michael Bolton (in Disney's Hercules)

No comments: