Friday, January 25, 2008

Just an interesting day

Had my first lab of the semester. CM1131: Basic Physical Chemistry. Was abit late... caught the 7:45 bus thinking that I will reach in a hour's time but due to the traffic jams at various parts, I reach school at 9 which is when the lab is starting. Rushed to the lab. Note to self: the traffic conditions at 7:45 is a lot worse than the conditions at 7:00.
When I reached the lab, they were doing experiment 4... I printed the manual for experiment 1 and 2 only cos my printer ran out of ink so I felt really screwed. Dah lah lambat... So I made my first new friend for the semester, by... "Hey, my printer ran out of ink so I only printed until experiment 2. May I borrow yours to read? Oh by the way, what's your name? I'm Na'im."
It's not the first time I forgot to introduce myself first before making a conversation. Haha. The experiment was pretty easy, just that it is time-consuming. We had 5 minutes interval between readings, so I made friends with everyone at my table. They say I don't look like the teaching kind. My merepekness and crappiness obviously made them doubt. At least I make them smile/laugh. Hehe.

Had lunch at Megabites after lab... when I wanted to order... the 2 workers that saw me immediately said "Chicken Cream?". Haha! I was pleasantly surprised. Okay, in case you didn't know, I always order the same thing cos I like it so much. I replied with a smile after the surprised look "Ah, how you know?" "Yah, I remember you."
That was the first time that they actually say out my order for me. Haha, so I guess from now on, I can just say "The usual". Chey, macam banyak punya besar gitu. Feels nice to be remembered. Yeah, even from 2 chefs in a restaurant.

Solat Jumaat, lecture at Arts, followed by lecture at Science. Fridays are gonna be a drag for me. After school, I went to town to find my present for Zikri. His 8th birthday is coming up on 20th Feb. He's been wanting Transformers figures so I shall grant him his wish. Went to Wheelock Place with Nurul'Ain. Thanks for the company =), appreciate it! The really nice big transformable figurines of Optimus Prime and Megatron were like almost a hundred each. I wanted to buy those two cos takkan robot nak lawan seorang diri. Haha, so I was in a dilemma: being a super-nice brother and burning a hole in my pocket OR being a nice brother and buy something less nice. I went with the latter and bought smaller versions of the 2 robots that cost slightly above a hundred for BOTH of them. Must think for myself sometimes, cannot be too nice. After that, I decided to send 'Ain off at the bus stop so we walked all the way to Somerset. Nice to catch up on stuff and talk about anything. Shared some funny stories. Hehe. Oh yah, stopped by Mrs Fields at Cineleisure to buy brownies for her friend. Now I know where to get nice cookies and brownies!!! Haha.

Talking about life with 'Ain plus her notecard makes me grateful to have a loving family and many friends who care for me. Not everyday someone calls you a 'hero'. Touched. So, my sub-nick for tonight is "grateful. Alhamdulillah" which goes out to my family and friends. My life wouldn't rhyme without all of you. Thanks for being there! You all are treasures that Allah has blessed me with. Alhamdulillah.

Interesting quote for the day:
"I only hope that I'll one day deserve what You've given me.
But all I can do is try, everyday of my life."

lyrics from "Breathless" by Shayne Ward
It is a romantic song, but I just take this line and interpret it as such: The 'You' is Allah. Alhamdulillah for all His blessings. Sometimes we forget to count all the blessings that have been given to us. And I sometimes feel I don't derserve all that Allah has given me. So, I shall try everyday to be a good Muslim and be grateful. That is the least I can do. Syukur, Alhamdulillah.

No comments: